- “Customers”: these are organizations, and employees, personnel or representatives of organizations, which have subscribed to use the Solution including for the purpose of employing candidates; and
- “Candidates”: these are (a) candidates for employment, who communicate with Customers or transmit information to Customers by means of the Solution or (b) potential candidates for employment whose information is publicly available or obtained by Customers other than by means of the Solution, and input by Customers to the Solution.
- name, address, telephone number or e-mail address,
- information about activities directly linked to an individual, such as the employment or educational history of a specific individual,
- observations that a Customer may make in respect of a potential employee, including during an interview, or
- information regarding hiring decisions made by such Customer.
Our Solution is a service tool used by our Customers to manage information about prospective employees and communicate with prospective employees. Our Customers are solely responsible for ensuring that their use of the Solution complies with applicable laws and does not violate third party rights. We do not control what information our Customers input in the Solution, or how our Customers use your Identifying Information (as defined below) and we are not responsible for such use. If you have a question regarding how a Customer uses your Identifying Information, please contact the relevant Customer. When we receive Identifying Information in connection with potential employment with a specific Customer we do not share such Indentifying Information with other Customers.
Information We Collect
We collect some information on behalf of our Customers, and some information for our use, all as described below.
Information collected on behalf of our Customers:
- When Customers, such as potential employers, recruiters or manpower agencies, use the Solution to collect, use or store data of or communicate with potential employees, they input Identifying Information relating to potential Candidates in the Solution.
- Candidates may also input their Identifying Information in the Solution when they apply for employment for our Customers or communicate with our Customers by means of our Solution, including by way of Customers’ websites, on our Site, by means of third party job boards, by emails or other means.
- Customers may also input certain Identifying Information regarding potential Candidates whose information is publicly available or obtained by Customers other than by means of the Solution. This information may include the Candidate’s name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, employment or educational history and other information.
Information collected on our behalf:
- Customers that register to use our Solution will be required to provide us with certain Identifying Information.
- If a Customer or Candidate signs up to receive emails or updates about our services, they will provide their name and e-mail address.
- We also collect any Identifying Information contained in any message that you may send to Comeet.
- The Solution may gather information regarding the system and browsing activity of Customers and Candidates that access or use the Solution or visit the Site, including information regarding Customers' or Candidates' operating system, browser and IP address, how a Customers or Candidate interacted with the Solution, or activities performed by Customers or Candidates using the Solution.
You are not legally required to provide us with Identifying Information. However, if you do not provide such information you will not be able to register for, transmit information by means of, or otherwise use our Solution.
How we Protect Information
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Identifying Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Identifying Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Only authorized employees or authorized subcontractors of Comeet have access to our production infrastructure, and passwords Customers provide us are strictly regulated. We limit access to Customer data to a select few employees [or authorized subcontractors] who need it to provide support and troubleshooting on our Customers’ behalf. Accessing data center information as well as Customer data is done on an as-needed basis or to provide support and maintenance.
How we Use Information
Our Solution is a service tool used by our Customers to manage information about prospective employees and communicate with prospective employees. Identifying Information provided to, on behalf of, or in connection with, a specific Customer will be accessed and used by such Customer and its representatives. We allow representatives of Customers to access the Identifying Information which they inputted or which was inputted by Candidates in connection with a position with such Customer.
Our Customers are solely responsible for ensuring that their use of the Solution complies with applicable laws and does not violate third party rights. We do not control how our Customers use your Identifying Information, including by means of the Solution, and we are not responsible for such use. If you have a question regarding how a Customer uses your Identifying Information, please contact the relevant Customer.
When we receive Identifying Information in connection with potential employment with a specific Customer, we do not share such Indentifying Information with other Customers.
We may use Identifying Information internally – for example, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to make Comeet more useful, to customize Comeet and personalize its content.
We may use Candidates’ Identifying Information in order to send notifications on behalf of the relevant Customers with respect to the employment process.
We may use Customers' Identifying Information to send Customers information regarding the Solution.
We may share your Identifying Information with:
- Members of our corporate family, or third party vendors or service providers, such as email service providers sending emails on our behalf. We may also authorize third party vendors or service providers to collect information on our behalf, provided however that any collection or use of information by such third party vendors or service providers shall only by done in connection with the regular operation of our Solution or for the delivering of services to our Customers. Do not worry, we will not share your Identifying Information with such third party vendors or service providers in connection with other business endeavors.
- Referring websites. If you were referred to this Site from another site (for example, through a link), we may share some information about you with that referring website. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you here. Additionally, when you link to one of our partners from our Site and/or Solution, we provide that partner with a unique identifier so they know that you were referred from our Site and/or Solution. This unique identifier will not contain any of your Identifying Information.
In addition, by analyzing all information we receive, including all information concerning use of the Solution and the browsing habits of end user of websites that incorporate the Solution, we may compile anonymous statistical information (“Statistical Information”). Statistical Information helps understand trends and customer needs.
Statistical Information is anonymous and we will not link Statistical Information to any Identifying Information. We may share such Statistical Information with our partners, without restriction, on commercial terms that we can determine in our sole discretion.
Online Links to Other Sites
Use of Comeet by Children
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 14. In the event you become aware that somebody under the age of 14 has enrolled without parental permission, please inform us immediately. Potential employers, recruiters or manpower agencies may not provide information with respect to potential employees under the age of 14.
Correcting or Updating your Information
We provide the Solution as a service to our Customers. If you have provided Identifying Information to a Customer by means of the Solution, for example, in applying for a position, please contact such Customer with any questions or requests regarding your Identifying Information. We allow Customers to view the information they provided during registration or when uploading potential employee’s data and to alter any data, inaccuracies or errors. We also allow Candidates and Customers to view the information they provided when requesting to receive emails from us to alter any data, inaccuracies or errors. To request such access, or correct, update, or amend your Identifying Information please contact us at the following e-mail address, postal address or telephone number:
E-mail address: email@example.com
Postal Address: 550 S. California Ave, Palo Alto
Telephone number: 650-433-9027
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us at the e-mail address, postal address, or telephone number listed above. We will retain Candidates’ data in a manner consistent with our obligations to our Customers. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Other Uses or Transfer of Your Information
We will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities, regulatory or government bodies, or court order requesting or directing us to disclose any information, including Identifying Information. We may use subcontractors that are located in countries other than your own, and send them information we receive. For example, we may send your information to the United States or to countries outside the United States or the European Economic Area. All our subcontractors will be subject to nondisclosure and non-use obligations. Nevertheless, some countries may have levels of protection of personal and other information which are not as high as in your country of residence or business.
We may transfer our databases containing your Identifying Information if we sell our business or part of it.
Comments and Questions
Last updated: December 2015